We are so excited to share some fantastic news with you! The Johnson & Johnson “Campaign For Nursing’s Future” is collaborating with our 2011 Urban Zen Integrative Therapy (UZIT) Program to offer generous scholarship opportunities for nurses.
We connected with the Johnson & Johnson “Campaign For Nursing’s Future” because we are very grateful to the nurses of America who care so selflessly for patients, and their families and friends. Together, we are dedicated to advancing the nursing profession and to supporting the nursing community, both organizations understand the emotional and physical depletion this demanding profession can create among its professionals.
In an effort to help nurses manage their own well-being and train their peers, Johnson & Johnson has created a special scholarship opportunity for qualified, licensed nurses to participate in the 2011 URBAN ZEN INTEGRATIVE THERAPY PROGRAM. One qualified applicant will be awarded a full scholarship. Each of four (4) additional applicants will be awarded a matching 50% tuition scholarship.
The Urban Zen groundbreaking UZIT Program is designed to train healthcare professionals and members of the yoga community in the gentle, eastern healing modalities of:
• Yoga therapy
• Essential oil therapy
• Contemplative care
Students are also taught how to interweave these eastern techniques to create a truly integrated therapy approach to the treatment of PANIC™ — the classic symptoms of serious or chronic illness:
This year-long program begins on April 29, 2011. Students and instructors meet one weekend a month at the Urban Zen Center in New York City. All students are required to complete 100 hours of clinical rotation to practice integrative therapies with patients in their workplace, perform community service and receive additional training to become qualified to instruct fellow nurses.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Must meet the requirements of and be accepted into the Urban Zen Integrative therapy program
• Must be willing to complete all of the requirements of the program including the 100 hours of clinical rotation
• Must be currently employed by an in- or out-patient facility in the U.S.
• Must be a U.S. state-licensed LPN, RN or APRN with at least one year experience
• Must have a minimum two years of a personal yoga practice
• Must be willing and able to document their one-year journey in a blog or other social media vehicles, participate in media interviews and/or other public communications activities
• RECIPIENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND SOME ADDITIONAL TRAINING SO THEY CAN BRING THE TRAINING BACK TO THEIR FACILITY
All applicants to the Urban Zen Integrative Therapy Program meeting the above criteria will be considered for the Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing’s Future UZIT Scholarship.
In addition to these qualifications, all applicants must submit a video journal entry that shares with us why you are the perfect candidate to receive the Johnson & Johnson Campaign for Nursing’s Future Scholarship and participate in the Urban Zen Integrative Therapy Program. Please email all video entries and completed application to: email@example.com
To apply for the URBAN ZEN INTEGRATIVE THERAPY PROGRAM, click HERE
Program dates and information are available HERE
DEADLINE: April 25, 2011